Dinner meeting - 16 October 2018
Tue 16 Oct 2018, 06:00 pm
Tue 16 Oct 2018, 08:30 pm
Mana Cruising Club
Ngatitoa Domain (off Pascoe Avenue
Community, Animals Pets, Projects Causes,
Wheelchair access, Accessible toilets, Mobility parking
A biochemist by training and former CEO/MD and Chair for a number of NZ private and public organizations, Rodney Wong's career covers a range of diverse industry sectors, including amongst others – FMCG, Tourism, Regional Economic Development, Specialist Engineering, Biotech and Social Services. Currently, his business interests are a balance of commercial and public good entities, in the capacity of independent director, trustee or Chair.
Rodney has held numerous Rotary roles including being the founding national Rotary coordinator for the Stroke Foundation “Blood Pressure Day”. He has also been:
- Senior Training leader at 2013 & 2014 Rotary International Assembly, San Diego
- Rotary District Governor for District 9940 (Lower North Island) for the year 2005-6
- Chartered Fellow of the Institute of Directors NZ
- Fellow NZ Institute Food Science & Technology
- Co-Founder Wildbase Recovery Centre – Palmerston North
Tonight he will be talking to us about the Wildbase Recovery Centre with his co-Founder, Scotty, who he describes as 'A good bugger who just gets s**t done'!