Richard Sherwin gave us his Viewpoint tonight.
'Many years ago, when I was still school teaching, I was attending a course at Massey university Education 1, when the subject of raising children came up. One of the class asked the lecturer how the textbooks related to Doctor Spock and his no discipline method of child-rearing.
'He replied that Doctor Spock's was an extreme view and you should make sure you read all studies before you believed anything.
'This is something we should all do, all the time.
'Perhaps the Anti-vaxes should think about that.
'Recently the following article came to me from a Chartered accountant living in Perth. It is an article that was sent to him and on which he has commented, "Very interesting! I must admit I did have a lot of questions about this teenager who had the audacity to reprimand others! - rather hypocritical of her! Every Canadian should receive this email!"
'The article reads:
"Having stumbled across an interview with Greta Thunberg’s captain of the sailing vessel that brought her across to New York, I was very surprised at what he said. He was flying back to Europe from New York and three others were flying from Europe to New York to sail the vessel back. So that is four flights to save her one flight. Obviously a PR stunt. But it got me curious as to who the heck was paying for these flights? This is a quick synopsis of what I found out.
- She is backed by a number of Swedish/Swiss venture/vulture capital funds focused on investing in green technologies that are struggling to find companies to invest in. Most of these companies require initial government funding. The funds are owned by executives from a Swiss/Swedish industrial corporation with annual revenues of 27 billion dollars. You see their offices around Calgary as they are suppliers to the oilfield service industry as well as many others. Clearly this is a ploy to get government grants/ funding for these entities so that the venture capital funds can then invest and make a bunch of money.
- She was chosen from a number of young Swedish girls to represent their interests, trained and given information to start espousing because, of course, she has no scientific expertise herself. They wanted a female child as their symbol. She was the perfect spokesperson.
- A powerhouse marketing firm out of Germany was hired to design and implement a marketing strategy for her to gain worldwide attention. They did and it worked. She gained worldwide attention and addressed the UN. The 500 scientists, from around the world, who sent a letter to the UN did not gain an audience.
- She slammed my generation and generations previously. We stole her childhood. A script was written for her by the German marketing firm. Her childhood is like it is because of the sacrifice of a previous generation, many of whom lie buried in fields in Europe.
- She then got used again by Canadian political leaders for photo ops. Shame on our political leaders. The fact that she got face to face time with Trudeau should be abhorrent to Canadians.
- She leads a school protest march in Canada, where again photo op greedy politicians take part. Her ability to protest rests solely with the sacrifice of other generations, including Edith Cavell, whom she chastises. If you don’t know who Edith Cavell is - then shame on what a lark our Canadian school system has become. (Edith Cavell was a nurse in the 1st world war who helped some 200 allied soldiers to escape).
This is what I found out. If anyone finds facts disputing this I am all ears."
I might add, I am not against the concept of cleaning up the atmosphere: I am against the marketing methods used to promote industrial interests and lies for the sake of profit."
John D Pascoe FCPA
Registered Company Auditor
ASIC Super Audit No 100 178 363
Unit 487, 118 Monash Avenue
Nedlands WA 6009
'The way Greta shouts at her audience and is able to create mass hysteria does tend to remind one of a certain German dictator.
'My viewpoint is this. Believe everything you read by all means, but always do your own research and consider all arguments both for and against. Beware of extreme views. Beware of what the Press tells us. They only really want to sell papers. And, of course, they are controlled by big business.'